Tolunay-Wong Engineers, Inc. (TWE) is one of the largest privately & minority owned geotechnical firms in the Gulf Coast. Our offices are located in Texas and Louisiana with a staff of over 350 engineers, scientists, technicians, geologists, hydrogeologists, and associated laboratory and support personnel.
TWE is seeking applicants for a Driller's Assistant position in the Field Services Division, based out of Beaumont, Texas. This position will require testing and inspection of various construction materials including soils, concrete and pile monitoring. Experienced and inexperienced candidates are welcome to apply. We provide all necessary training.
- Assist Driller with all field activities, including but not limited to, drilling and sampling of geotechnical test borings, and installation of wells, plugging and abandoning of wells, and drilling of soil borings.
- Physically complete labor-intensive projects assigned by the Driller/Project Coordinator/Project Manager
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all TWE equipment and field operations
- Monitor the performance of all TWE equipment to identify maintenance and repair needs
- Complete all required paperwork, including daily reports, safety paperwork, and vehicle & equipment inspections
- Attend all safety meetings and comply with both TWE and client safety standards and programs
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment, including equipment and job site areas
- Turn in all required paperwork to office on a daily basis
- Able to read and write in English
- Able to pass a background check
- Able to pass an initial, random, and annual hair follicle drug test
- Hold a Texas Driver’s License and maintain a clean driving record
- Able to physically implement work duties assigned in various weather elements
- Able to physically implement any changes and conduct maintenance to equipment, which will require heavy lifting
- Willing to work diligently and take ownership over work whether project is small or large
- Able to facilitate positive, professional customer relations
- Willing to learn, ask questions, and offer new ideas and suggestions
- Available for frequent travel
- TWIC card
- ISTC Basic Plus
- HAZWOPER 40 Hour Certification
TWE provides its full-time employees with a benefit package that is inclusive of the following:
- Health Insurance with an option for HSA with matching contributions
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance (Individual $50,000 coverage is 100% paid by TWE)
- Catastrophic Accident Insurance (Individual $50,000 coverage is 100% paid by TWE)
- Colonial Life Supplemental Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Program with up to 4% employer match (eligible after 180 days).
- Employee Assistance Program
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- Travel reimbursement (for out of town jobs)
- Annual boot allowance
TWE is an equal opportunity employer.